Driving a Motor-home

Driving a motorhome

You need the right licence to drive a motorhome or campervan, and your vehicle needs to be within UK size limits.

Licence requirements

The licence you need to drive a motorhome depends on your age and the vehicle’s maximum authorised mass (MAM). This is the vehicle’s weight plus the maximum load it can carry.

To drive a motorhome with a MAM of between 3.5 and 7.5 tonnes, you need a category C1 licence.

To drive a motorhome with a MAM of over 7.5 tonnes, you need a category C licence

Check which vehicles you can drive and the licence and age requirements for towing.

Licence requirements may be different in Northern Ireland.

More information at

What is pre-authorisation?

Pre-authorisation (also known as an Authorisation Hold) is the practice of verifying electronic transactions initiated with a debit or credit card and rendering this balance as unavailable until either the merchant clears the transaction, for more information please see the below link to our PDF explanation.

Pre-authorisation explained

Copyright 2018 | Strafford Motor-homes. WebDesignBrighton